The Pomeranian Club Championship Show – 31st March 2019
JUDGE: Mrs C D Holman
I would like to thank the exhibitors and committee for such a fabulous day. I had a good entry with some very nice dogs going cardless. I am looking for a sound dog with a correct head, also a good body with the correct “Pom coat”. I am worried about the colour of the poms, with so much white creeping in on solid colours. The breed standard states no white or tan markings on a solid dog. Moreover, size needs to be watched as too many big dogs and small bitches’. This is very bad for the breed, and both exhibitors and judges need to fault on it. I have no worries on open fonts as all adults were closed, mouths were good, although a lot could do with a clean. Temperaments were also fine but a lot of over trimming. There were a few longer muzzles. Again we are asked for a foxy expression, not a long nose like a fox. As the muzzle gets longer we have a more Spitz like head.
Class 1 – Minor Puppy Dog (5 entries, 1 absentee) 1) PIKE & CARTER, Breezelyn Latin Gigolo Pretty orange sable puppy, still a bit fluffy but everything in the right place. Good for shape, size and moved well. He just needs more time.
2) FLEETWOOD, Abbeyleigh Ravel A much smaller orange boy, good colour and shape. Short backed with neat ears.
3) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Lireva’s Hugh’s Still Stan Din
Class 2 – Puppy Dog (9 enteries) 1) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Livera’s Quadrophonic Very attractive orange, fabulous colour with a neat head. He moved soundly and looked at me with such an attitude. He could not be overlooked. BEST PUPPY DOG. BEST PUPPY IN SHOW.
2) NOLAN, Villenelles Lovin The Sun Much more mature dog with good head, short back, wealth of orange sable coat. Very close to first place.
3) SIMMONS, Petitpom Legend Of Love
Class 3 – Junior Dog (5 entries) 1) SOULSBY, Aizens Dream Of Being A Star at Trenarwyn (Imp)Nice sized black, good solid colour. Foxy head, oval eye. I would like to see him in another year.
2) BAILEY, Craigivar Samuel Pepys Fabulous head in good coat, neat ears. Just needs more ring training.
3) BROWN, Snowvilla Tropical Storm
Class 4 – Novice Dog (4 entries)
1) NOLAN, Villenelles Lovin The Sun - 2nd in Puppy Dog.
2) WALKEY, Bonnie Bears Magic Potion Sweet orange sable with a pretty head. Small square dog but for me needed a bit more weight.
3) CHINN, Midawn Chubby Brown
Class 5 – Post Graduate Dog (5 entries)
1) SIMMONS, Sueacres Legend of Petitpom Orange sable. Smart compact dog. Nice head and moved well. Would like move depth of coat but still young.
2) WALKEY, Bonnie Bears Bungle Nice head, good for size and shape. Moved well in good coat.
3) BERRINGTON, Solar Smile Chellendger (Imp)
Class 6 – Limit Dog (9 entries)
1) D’ARCY & DUFFIELD, Ta Bozi’s Wild Heart Star at Paavali (Imp)Loved the size, shape, head of this correct sized dog. Well bodied, with a wealth of coat. Tail carried right over his back and moved soundly both ways. Would just like a bit more colour to his coat, but may still come.
2) FLEETWOOD, Auberge Tyrion Small dog. With a nice head, good shape, neat ears. High tail set. Moved well.
3) STONE, Bilijees Hidden Treasure
Class 7 – Open Dog (6 entries)
1) NORMAN, Alexiasdream Is Fabioso JW ShCM Loved this correct sized orange sable dog. Just right in everything. Beautiful head with neat ears, fabulous coat for texture. Moved so soundly. Just gave up in the challenge. RESERVE BEST DOG.
2) CARROLL, Ir Ch Toybox Devils Advocate Slightly bigger dog. Fabulous head and moved soundly.
3) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Ch Reta Hugo’s There Lireva
Class 8 – Special Beginners Dog (1 entry)
1) BERRINGTON, Solar Smile Chellendger (Imp)Very heavy coated orange sable. Pretty head, good for size and breed type. Just needs a bit more confidence. BEST SPECIAL BEGINNER IN SHOW.
Class 9 – Minor Puppy Bitch (6 entries)
1) VAN DE BURGT, Norvanik Gold Dust Good dual purpose girl, neat head, correct for coat, moved and showed well.
2) NOLAN, Reta’s Calypso The Nymph A smaller girl, but very nice short backed, good tailset, very close to first.
3) NEVE, Stylaways Charade
Class 10 – Puppy Bitch (9 entries, 1 absentee)
1) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Lireva’s Quadrophenia This is what an orange should be. No white. Nice head with nice oval eye. Neat ears, well bodied, good topline with tail carried. Moved well. Very close in Best Puppy Challenge but had to make way for her litter brother. BEST PUPPY BITCH. RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW.
2) JOHNSON, Kenigsvet Kalipso (Imp)Very unlucky to meet 1st. Very nice bitch. Coming along, well moved and showed well.
3) PSALTI, Intime Poms Candy Crush (Imp)
Class 11 – Junior Bitch (13 entries, 5 absentees)
1) FLEETWOOD, Pomeyre Sweet Cinnamon by Abbeyleigh Clear orange, very nice type. Pretty head with good ears and pigment. Stood four square and moved well.
2) CHINN, Midawn Watchful Wilma Larger white with fabulous black pigment. Pretty head and mouth good.
3) ROBINSON, Linkies Good Golly Miss Molly
Class 12 – Novice Bitch (7 entries, 2 absentees)
1) CHINN, Midawn Watchful Wilma - 2nd in Junior Bitch
2) NOLAN, Reta’s Calypso The Nymph - 2nd in Minor Puppy Bitch
3) PIKE & CARTER, Breezelyn Miami Vice
Class 13 – Post Graduate Bitch (10 entries)
1) WILCOX, Solar Smile Flaming Vartex Viola At Boazpoms (Imp) Smaller orange, very pretty in good coat. High tailset with good plume.
2) GREEN, Travillons Hello Dolly Black, good dual-purpose, just need a coat change on tail, knickers, ect.
3) YULE, Eluy A New Hope
Class 14 – Limit Bitch (8 entries)
1) FISK, Cathy Cum Home At Rebhann Stunning bitch that is excellent for size, beautiful head, in good coat, texture is so correct. Just started to drop tail at the end of the day.
2) CHARALAMBOUS, Misteriya Del Esto Valkiria Trisha Eacpoms (Imp)Beautiful head, black. Good topline, moved and showed well, just lacking in coat compared to 1st.
3) STONE, Klassna Just Like A Dream For Bilijees
Class 15 – Open Bitch (10 entries)
1) OGILIVIE, Ch Pakov’s Proud To Be Black Beautiful headed bitch with the blackest of coat. Lovely shape and size, nice bone, short backed, correct movement. Showed really well. BEST BITCH. BEST IN SHOW.
2) CARROLL & NEWMAN, Ir Ch Madam Shalay Pretty headed orange sable bitch. Bigger than one, nice black pigment. Good mouth, neat ears with good oval eyes. Very close to first.
3) SMITH, Ch Sueacres Bettin On Evie
Class 16 – Special Beginners Bitch (4 entries, 1 absentee)
1) SIMMONS, Tiny Jewels Love Is Only Love For Petipom (Imp)Orange bitch. Nice head, neat ears, good pigment. Stood four square and showed well.
2) LITTLE & RICHARDS, Vitorio Rossi Anoushka (Imp)Cream. Fabulous head with good bone. Nice black pigment, neat ears. Waiting on coat change.
3) WILDING, Breezelyn Solitaire
Class 17 – Special Open Orange Dog/Bitch (3 entries)
1) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Lireva’s Dancing With StarsVery pretty orange bitch in good coat. Makes a nice shape, I would like her a touch bigger but moved and showed well.
2) BAILEY, Craigivar Samuel Peyps2nd in Junior Dog
3) CHARLTON, Vibrek Bubbleishous
Class 18 – Special Open Orange Sable Dog/Bitch (3 entries, 1 absentee)
1) SMITH, Sueacres Just A Dream JW Very pretty Orange Sable, neat ears and makes a nice shape standing as well as moving. Just needs more coat. RESERVE BEST BITCH. RESERVE BEST IN SHOW.
2) HILLS, Vivica Fox At Toybox Nice dual purpose bitch. Pretty head but just needs more coat.
Class 19 – Special Open White Or Parti-Colour Dog/Bitch (1 entry)
1) REID, Kct Ch Bai Shou Lin Of Chiao Li Ya At PomirosaWhite male with a nice head. Small ears, good mouth with dark pigment.
Class 20 – Special Open Black Or Chocolate Dog/Bitch (3 entries)
1) SOULSBY, Trenarwyn Chariot Of Fire Black male, 4 years old. Moved well but had a fright at his last show so was not happy in the challenge.
2) LITTLE & RICHARDS Pretty dual-purpose bitch. Still only a junior so needs to mature more.
3) HILLS, Toybox Lucifer Among Sharhazlah ShCM
Class 21 – Special Open Any Other Dog/Bitch (2 entries, 1 absentee)
1) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Lireva’s Tickles Her Fancy
Class 22 – Special Open Stud Dog (1 entry)
1) FLEETWOOD, Abbeyleigh Dexterity Nice small orange dog, neat head, ears. Good oval eyes, stood four square. Moved well. BEST DOG. BEST OPPOSITE SEX.
Class 23 – Special Open Brood Bitch (2 entries, 1 absentee)
1) DAVEY, Pomhaven’s Gotta Have A Dream At Klassna (Imp)Orange sable bitch. Good size, shown in good coat and moved well.
Class 24 – Veteran Dog/Bitch (3 entries)
1) CAWTHERA-PURDY, Ch Lireva's Cast An Net Ten year old bitch that was showing like a puppy. Still full of what it takes, in great condition. BEST VETERAN IN SHOW.
2) POPE, Keisyl’s Sweet Soul Music Another pretty girl. Again ten years old, moved well and enjoyed her day out. Very close but first had a lot more teeth.
3) HILLS, Ch Casarow’s Monty Python JW ShCM
Class 25 – Brace (1 entry)
1) SMITH Two orange sables they are so alike. Same shape/size moved in unison.
DOG CC: FLEETWOOD, Abbeyleigh Dexterity
DOG RCC: NORMAN, Alexiasdream Is Fabioso JW ShCM
BITCH CC: OGILIVIE, Ch Pakov’s Proud To Be Black
BITCH RCC: SMITH, Sueacres Just A Dream JW
BEST IN SHOW: OGILIVIE, Ch Pakov’s Proud To Be Black
RESERVE BEST IN SHOW: SMITH, Sueacres Just A Dream JW
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: CAWTHERA-PURDY, Livera’s Quadrophonic
RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: CAWTHERA-PURDY, Livera’s Quadrophenia
BEST VETERAN: CAWTHERA-PURDY, Ch Lirevas Cast An Net
SPECIAL BEGINNERS WINNER: BERRINGTON, Solar Smile Chellendger (Imp)