Kennel Club Judges Competency Framework
Judges Competency Framework launched by the Kennel Club on 26th April 2017.
A new system has been developed for the education, approval and listing of every level of judge, from those who aspire to judge, right through to open show judges and those who go on to award Challenge Certificates and judge championship show groups, and Best in Show.
The Judges Competency Framework will be launched in January 2019, run alongside the current system for a three-year transition period, and be fully operational from January 2022.
The new Framework will provide a logical sequence of learning, practising, peer observation and examination and will cater for all judges at every level – it outlines a judge’s career path providing clear criteria for each stage. Each level will also confirm judging privileges, again making it clear to the judge and the show society who is eligible to judge which breed, and the number and the type of classes which may be judged.
The Kennel Club’s established online Find A Judge will be extended to provide lists of all eligible judges across all breeds and for all types of show.
The Framework will be administered through the Kennel Club’s modern online education platform – The Kennel Club Academy. The Academy is easy to access, available 24 hours a day and requires only a small annual subscription. As far as possible this provides for an efficient and ‘paperless’ way for judges to record their experience on their personal KC Academy page whether this be judging appointments or details of seminars attended, breed assessments passed and other education undertaken.
All judges will be required to remain up to date with their general dog show knowledge with a mandatory online exam to be passed every five years.
- Judges Competency Framework Transition table from Judges Lists to Judges Competency Framework levels
- Judges Comptency Framework Guide to being a dog show judge
- Overview flowchart
- Summary of recommendations affecting Breed clubs and General Canine societies
- Judges resident outside the UK
- Judges Competency Framework Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Release - Judges Competency Framework
- Press Release - Breed Supported Entry Classes to Enhance Open Show Scene
- Press Release - Fourteen Breeds Help Kennel Club as it Launches Pilot Scheme for Judges Competency Framework
- Press Release - Appointment of Judges at Limited, Open and Championship Shows Without CCs from 2019 Onwards
This website has been created and is run by The Pomeranian Club.
No photo's or text maybe copied from this site.
Copyright to The Pomeranian Club 2021.